International Moving Tips
Planning your move around the Southeast, you need to try. A large move is going to change your life, and you need to make sure that it works well.
- Send your best items via a freight service, and make sure that your largest items are shipped for you. You can have someone move your cars or recreational vehicles so that you do not have to arrange drivers for the trip.
- Have the movers pack for you. You want to use the moving company to get as much of your packing done as possible. It is quite difficult to do all the packing on your own, and you should ask for as much help as you can get.
- Ask the movers to unpack everything for you. When you arrive at your new home, you should have the movers bring everything into the house. They can put all your items in the right place, and they can use a list to make sure they have unpacked everything you left with.
- Drive your most fragile items in your personal vehicle. You can ask the movers to pack your items for you, but you can drive them in your personal vehicle on the way to your new home. You can take these most precious items out of the hands of the movers, and you will be able to keep an eyes on them as you are moving.
- Only pay a flat rate for the moving service. You should ask the movers to give you a flat rate for your move. You want to pay one rate before you leave, and you do not want to be surprised by the price that you pay.
- Schedule your arrival at your new home to coincide with the movers. When you get to the home at the same times as the movers, you will be able to direct the unpacking. You can help make the process go faster, and you will be able to get settled in your house quickly.
- Ask for a large truck that will hold everything in the house at once. You want to make sure you are taking as few vehicles as possible with you to your new home.
You should make sure that you follow each of these tips to have a good moving experience for your family.