How to estimate the size of my move?
There are 2 ways movers based their estimates on; By size (by cubic feet) or by Weight.
If you would like to estimate the size or weight of your move you will need to follow the following steps.
1. Make a list of all the items you are planning to move.
2. Assign each item a size or weight category (small, medium, large, heavy).
3. Estimate how many of each size or weight category items you need to move.
4. Calculate the total volume of your items (length x width x height for each item). To calculate cubic feet, you need to know the length, width, and height of the object you’re measuring. Multiply the length, width, and height together and then divide the result by 1728 (which is the number of cubic inches in a cubic foot). The result is the volume in cubic feet.
5. Use the total volume to calculate how many cubic feet you will need to move.
6. Multiply the cubic feet received by 7 to receive the estimated weight (Moving companies will multiply by anywhere between 6-7 for each cubic feet).
7. Use a moving company‘s size calculator to estimate the size of the truck and crew needed for your move.
At Nobel Relocation, we provide our rates based on the size of the shipment where it is easier to estimate and measure.