Singapore is a city-state with about 5.6 million inhabitants. It is a culturally diversified nation where English language is its lingua franca, although Malay, Chinese, and Tamil are also the official languages of the country. … Singapore is known for its clean streets and its modern and tall buildings
Moving to Singapore can be a complicated task, however by choosing Nobel Relocation to relocate you to this very special place, you can be assured your belongings will arrive safe, unharmed and in a timely fashion.
We understand that bureaucracy can be complicated enough without having to worry about your belongings, we at Nobel Relocation will handle all the paperwork and double check it many times so you don’t encounter problems on the final destination side. All we ask from you is to do us the pleasure of simply turning up at customs when we will need you to release your shipment, in order for it to be delivered straight to your new door.
At Nobel Relocation you will find no other company more equipped to pack, load, transfer and deliver your belongings to Singapore. Our professional packers are highly trained and experienced in packing your belongings for international journeys that can be unpredictable due to unforeseen circumstances such as the changing weather.
Nobel Relocation have only your best interest at heart accompanied by years of successful experience and the most professional and honest staff. Nobel Relocation, a company you can be sure to trust when moving to Singapore.
We can provide moving services from Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Alabama, and Texas to this part in Asia.
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport (photograph and personal information pages)
- Declaration of facts form
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB)
- Copy of the owner of the goods’ employment pass / green card (both sides)
- Goods and services tax relief form (GST)
- Supplementary Customs declaration form
- Wine and liquor declaration form
- Exemption permit (diplomats)
- A duty exemption will be given to goods if all documentation as requested above is in order.
- Goods should be in the owner of the goods’ possession and used for more than 3 months.
- Shipment must be imported into Singapore within 6 months of the owner of the goods’ first arrival into Singapore.
- If shipment arrives more than 6 months after owner of the goods’ employment pass (EP) into Singapore, shipment is subject to 7% goods and services tax (GST) on the cost, insurance, and freight (CIF) value.
- Returning Singaporean residents should be away for more than 6 months to get 7% GST relief.
- Embassy, high commission, Consulate or accredited trade organization in and owner of the goods who have been accorded diplomatic and consular privileges and immunities by the Singapore Government are eligible for duty exemption and GST relief on all goods that are for the personal or official use of the owner of the goods or organization; an exemption permit is required to cover the import of such goods but the organization and its authorized claimants have to be first registered with Customs.
- A failure to declare all items or pay taxes due may result in prosecution, fines, and/or imprisonment.
- Certificate of compliance
- Original commercial invoice
- Insurance papers
- Vehicle registration certificate
- Owner of the goods’ passport
- Inward declaration permit
- Customs in-payment permit
- Customs duty payment receipt
- Temporary certificate of entitlement
- Manufacturer’s letter confirming the date the automobile was manufactured
- Intoxicating liquors
- Tobacco products
- Motor vehicles
- Petroleum products
- Liquors and cigarettes marked with the words “SINGAPORE DUTY NOT PAID” on the labels, cartons or packets
- Chewing gum, chewing tobacco, and imitation tobacco products (except approved oral dental and medicated gum by the Health Sciences Authority)
- Smokeless cigars, smokeless cigarillos or smokeless cigarettes
- Dissolvable tobacco or nicotine
- Any product containing nicotine or tobacco that may be used topically for application, by implant or injected into any parts of the body
- Any solution or substance, of which tobacco or nicotine is a constituent, that is intended to be used with an electronic nicotine delivery system or vaporizers
- Nasal snuff (with effect from 1 August 2016)
- Oral snuff (with effect from 1 August 2016)
- Gutkha, khaini and zarda (with effect from 1 August 2016)
- Weapons, gun, ammunition of any kind, cigarette lighters of pistol or revolver shape
- Narcotics, controlled or non-branded drugs, and psychotropic substances
- Endangered species of wildlife and their byproducts
- Firecrackers or counterfeit currencies
- Obscene articles, pornographic books, materials, publications on video tapes / discs and software
- Reproduction of copyright publications, video tapes, video compact discs, laser discs, records or cassettes
- Seditious and treasonable materials
- Animals and birds and their by-products
- Endangered species of wildlife and their by-products
- nasal snuff
- Arms and Explosives
- Bullet-proof clothing
- Weapons, Kris, spears and swords
- Prerecorded cartridges and cassettes
- Films, video tapes / discs, laser discs, CD-ROMS, and video games
- Medicines, pharmaceuticals, and poisons
- Telecommunications, radio communication equipment, and toy walkie-talkies
Consulate General of Singapore – Miami
1515 Sunset Drive – Suite 44
Coral Gables, FL 33143