FREE Quote

For updated Covid-19 regulations please contact our representatives

Crossing into Canada or Moving to Canada might be a hassle yet we at Nobel Relocation are experts and have an exceptionally prepared and qualified staff to pack, load, exchange, convey and keep your belongings safe during the migration process.

For over 18 years security regulations have tightened yet we at Nobel Relocation know the principles and maintain them to guarantee an anxiety-free, smooth move to Canada. We specialize in moving from our offices in Miami-Florida, Atlanta-Georgia, Washington DC / Maryland, and all its surrounding areas to Canada.

As of late Canada Customs at the outskirt entrance indicates have started requiring documentation and evidence of proprietorship from evacuation organizations, for example, I.d and Work Visa for the possessor of the products.

Canada and the United States enjoy a unique bilateral relationship. Shared geography, similar values, common interests, deep connections, and powerful, multi-layered economic ties forge our partnership. We are currently not permitted to convey merchandise to your entryway without the possessor first having headed off to meet the Nobel Relocation admin at the Canadian Customs office closest to your new home to discharge the products. Our agent will call you to let you know the location and what records you will require to discharge your assets.

Nobel Relocation has just your best interest on a fundamental level joined by years of solid experience and the most expert and experienced staff. Nobel Relocation, is a company you can trust when moving to Canada.

The way to move from the USA to Canada is by land.  We will send a crew to pick up your goods at our local office, and then schedule a freight service to carry the goods across the border to meet our partners in Canada to arrange the delivery.




Documents Required:

  • Copy of Passport (photo page only)
  • Proof of Residency abroad for at least 1 year (bank statements, utilities, rent receipts, income tax statement, etc. for the first and last month of the 12-month period) (returning citizens)
  • Original Detailed inventory / Packing list including “goods to follow” in English or French
  • Receipts for new items
  • Personal Effects Accounting Document (Form BSF186 formerly known as form B4)
  • Original Bill of Lading (OBL) / Air Waybill (AWB)
  • Liquor Permit, if applicable
  • Immigration papers, if applicable
  • Work Permit / Student Visa holders, if applicable
  • Proof of residence in Canada (copy of Deed / Sales Agreement / Lease Agreement) (seasonal residents)
  • Copy of Death Certificate (import of inheritance items)
  • Copy of Will or Letter from the Executor of an estate (import of inheritance items)
  • Obligation for Privilege from the Canadian Ministry of External Affairs (Diplomats)

Specific Information:

The owner of the goods must be present for Customs clearance or use a licensed Customs broker to handle the clearance on their behalf.
Returning Canadians may import household goods and personal effects duty-free under the following conditions:
The goods were owned and used by the owner of the goods for at least 6 months before importation.
The owner of the goods lived abroad for a minimum of 12 months.
If the owner of the goods lived abroad for a period greater than 5 years, the owner of the goods is exempt from the 6-month ownership rule.
The goods must still be owned and used and the shipment does not include goods that are for resale or otherwise disposed of within 12 months of importation.
Shipments must be declared to Customs at the port of entry (POE) (airport/U.S-Canada border) when the owner of the goods arrives in Canada.

Customs will then issue the documents needed for Customs clearance:
B4e personal effects accounting document
B15 casual goods accounting document.
The owner of the goods must present a list of items to be imported.
It is recommended that a copy of the packing list/inventory be hand-carried for presentation to Customs.
Customs may request a value on the shipment (returning citizens).
For immigrants and holders of work/students visas, the goods must be owned and used before importation and the shipment must not include goods that are to be sold or otherwise disposed of 12 months after importation for duty-free import.
Any single item of household goods or personal effects, including automobiles, that were acquired after March 31, 1977, and are valued at more than $10,000 are subject to regular duty and taxes on the excess amount.
Seasonal residents may import household items and personal effects duty-free under the following conditions:
The shipment can include household furniture and furnishings for a seasonal residence, excluding construction, materials, electrical fixtures, or other goods permanently attached to or incorporated into a seasonal residence and tools and equipment for the maintenance of a seasonal residence.
The goods must have been owned and used before arrival.
The goods cannot be sold for at least 1 year.
The goods are for the personal use of the owner of the goods or their family and are not for any commercial, industrial or occupational purpose.
Proof of purchase or a copy of a lease agreement is required for any person who is not a resident of Canada but owns a residential property or has leased a residence for at least 3 years for personal use.
Only one shipment of this type is allowed.
The copy of the will or letter from the executor of an estate must state that the owner of the goods is the beneficiary of the named items for duty-free import (duty-free inheritances).
Diplomats can import household goods and personal effects duty and tax-free.
The Canadian Government adopted ISPM-15 (International Standards for Phytosanitary Measures Publication 15) Guidelines for Regulating Wood Packaging Material in International Trade (aka NIFM-15) to standardize the treatment of wood packing materials used for the transport of goods.
ISPM -15 requires that wood packaging either be heat-treated or fumigated with methyl bromide and marked with the internationally recognized International Plant Protection Convention (IPPC) mark, or in lieu of the mark, the consignment must be accompanied by a phytosanitary certificate specifying the treatment used.


Documents Required

  • Copy of passport (photo page only)
  • Original proof of ownership (can be sent with the vehicle)
  • OBL
  • Previous registration
  • Proof of insurance
  • Must pass Canadian safety and pollution standards test
  • Press Here for Vehicle Moving Rate

Specific Information

The car must comply with Canadian standards.
All vehicles are inspected by the Canadian Agricultural Inspection Agency upon arrival in Canada.
The vehicle must be owned and used for more than 6 months to qualify for tax and duty relief.
For returning residents, a tax and duty exemption is applied to the first $10,000 of the vehicle’s value.
Anything over $10,000 will be charged applicable duty and taxes.
For work permit/student visa holders, duty and tax will be waived for the duration of the permit.
The vehicle will be imported temporarily for the duration of the work permit/student visa and must be re-exported upon departure from Canada.
All cars/motorbikes should be clean on arrival and free of any soil or containments.
It is recommended to include proof of cleaning (receipts) with the shipping documents.
Steam cleaning may be required.
The vehicle cannot contain household goods and personal effects items.
Motor vehicles imported into Canada cannot be licensed in Canada unless cleared through Canadian Customs.


Documents Required:

  • Vaccination record
  • Veterinary health certificate

Specific Information

The veterinary health record certificate must identify the animal by breed, age, gender, and color.
Check with the agent for specific information before import.


No documents are required if the items are part of the household effects shipment.
Proof of age will be required if the item is over 100 years old.
The items are permitted duty-free entry if the following conditions are met:
The works of art are part of a bona fide household removal.
The works of art are not for sale or another disposal.
Antiques and works of art imported into Canada for resale, are subject to different regulations.


Wedding “trousseau” means goods acquired for use in the household of a newly married couple, but does not include vehicles, vessels, or aircraft; wedding “gifts” means goods of a non-commercial nature received by a person as personal gifts in consideration of that person’s recent marriage or the anticipated marriage of that person within three months of the person’s return to Canada.
Wedding trousseau and gifts may be imported duty and tax-free providing:
A bride’s trousseau/gifts owned by, in the possession of, and imported by a recently married person or a bride-to-be whose anticipated marriage is to take place within 3 months of the date of her return to Canada or has taken place no more than 3 months before arrival in Canada.

Alcohol (a detailed list including type, size, and quantity is required and an import permit must be obtained before importation; duties and taxes apply)
Import permits must be obtained from the Provincial Liquor Control Board.
Do not ship wine between October 1 and March 31 to avoid the possibility of freezing.
Tobacco products are subject to duties and taxes.
Foodstuffs can cause extensive delays / additional charges (importation is discouraged)
Meat (authorization is required; importation is discouraged)
Pornographic materials
New items (a bill of sale may be required by Customs)
Hunting trophies (restrictions apply, especially for endangered species; a CITES Certificate may be required; check with the agent before shipping).
Firearms (strict regulations apply; check with agent for details)
Any one item valued at $10,000 or over is subject to duties and taxes.


Live plants
Narcotics, drugs, incitements
Fruits and vegetables
Live ammunition and explosives


If moving from Miami, Florida to Canada visit the consulate before moving.

200 South Biscayne Blvd., Suite 1600
Miami, Fl 33131

(16th floor of the Wachovia Financial Center, a major downtown landmark)

Tel: 305-579-1600
Fax: 305-374-6774
Email: [email protected]


If moving from Atlanta, Georgia to Canada visit the consulate before moving

1175 Peachtree St SE., Suite 1700
Atlanta, GA 30361

Tel: 404-532-2000




In effort to keep you and your family/employees, safe you can request a virtual estimate.


FREE Quote ​