Moving to the United Kingdom is an exciting prospect and a complicated one. We running our own line for people moving to London, England. At Nobel Relocations we work to make sure that the move is smooth and worry-free. When relocating to the United Kingdom you will need to focus on other things like finding work, a home, getting to understand the culture so we at Nobel Relocation are happy to unload the stress of shipping your belongings.
Nobel Relocation handle all the unpleasant paperwork, ensuring everything is in order for your shipment to arrive safely in England. Our team of professional packers have been trained to the highest degree in order to obtain the knowledge and the expertise to pack for the unpredictability of international moving. When your shipment arrives at its UK port, customs will need you personally release the shipment so our team can deliver it to your British door. We keep you up to date every step of the way.
Nobel Relocation have only your best interest at heart accompanied by years of successful experience and the most professional and honest staff. Nobel Relocation, a company you can be sure to trust when moving to the UK.
The experience of moving to England can be an over complicated process so please be sure that you have been granted residency before entering a contract to relocate.
Customs Regulations Moving to UK
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Legible copy of passport
- Detailed inventory in English, dated, and signed by the owner of the goods
- Transfer of Residence (ToR) – Application for ToR
- Copy of bill of lading (BL) / air waybill (AWB)
- C426 with cover letter from respective embassy (diplomat)
- As of 1/1/17, owners of the goods must go online to apply for a Transfer of Residence (ToR).
- An approval will allow the owner of the goods to import their personal & household effects goods into the UK with relief from import duties and charges.
- Application must be made before packing shipment.
- Once approval is obtained, the owner of the goods will be given a Unique Reference Number (URN) which will need to be passed onto UK Customs in place of the previous customs form C3.
- The C3 form will become obsolete on 3/31/2017 and will not be acceptable for Customs clearance after this date.
- The link to the ToR application can be found at the end of this document in ‘Consignment Instructions.’
- Contact destination agent for further questions.
- Documents must be received by agent prior to arrival of the shipment.
- The agent may charge fees for incomplete or delayed receipt of documentation.
- Inherited goods require C1421 form, copy of death certificate, and copy of the living will
- You must submit the ToR application within 12 months of the date of entry into the UK.
- You can bring personal belongings or prive vehicles free of duty and tax as long as you:
- are moving your normal place of residence to the UK only
- have had your normal place of residence outside the EU for a continuous period of at least 12 months
- have possessed and used the belongings for at least 6 months outside the EU before they’re imported
- ToR1 Application
- Original bill of lading / air way bill
- Declaration form C384 (if less than 6 months old)
- Copy of registration documents proving ownership
- Insurance policy documentation (copies from country of origin proving use)
- Utility bills / bank statements that prove place of residence was outside the European Union and exceeded 12 months
- Duty-free entry is permitted if the vehicle has been possessed and used for at least 6 months outside the European Union before it is imported and will not be sold or otherwise disposed of for 12 months after the date of importation.
- Owners of the goods register their intention to import a vehicle in advance to starting the process of shipping with the DVLA.
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health certificate
- Form C5
- Import license
- Animals must comply with the Pets Travel Scheme (PETS)
- Pets must be licensed by the Animal Health department
- Pets are quarantined upon entry into the country
- Animals must be fitted with a microchip (Scotland)
- Dogs must receive a tapeworm treatment within 105 days of arrival (Scotland)
- Pets that do not qualify to enter Scotland / United Kingdom under the Non-Commercial Movement of Pet Animals are required to obtain an import license prior to import.
- Pets will be detained at the owner’s expense at an approved quarantine facility until compliant.
- Call agent to verify that a facility is available in the country.
- Certain requirements must be met regarding the vaccination against rabies for specific countries.
- Contact the destination agent for additional information.
- Firearms, explosives, and ammunition
- Fruit, vegetable, and plant products
- Cigarettes (200), cigarillos (100), cigars (50), tobacco (250g)
- Spirits / liqueurs (more than 22% – 1 liter)
- Fortified wine or alcohol less than 22% (2 liters), still wine (4 liters), beer (16 L)
- Imitation firearms
- Offensive weapons
- Live animals
- Endangered animals or plants and products thereof (required a valid CITES permit)
- Fur skins and articles made from fur skin
- Radio transmitters
- Rough diamonds
- Animal food products
- Illicit drugs
- Self-defense sprays
- Stun guns
- Indecent and obscene material
- Counterfeit, pirated and patent-infringing goods
- Milk products from outside the European Union (England, Scotland)
British Consulate General Miami
1001 Brickell Bay Drive
Miami FL 33131
British Consulate General Atlanta
133 Peachtree St NE #3400
Atlanta, GA 30303