Moving to Peru is a wonderful choice. However as with any move it can be daunting and one of the most stressful events in a humans life.
Nobel Relocation will change all that. We understand that dealing with visas, learning new customs, learning a new language and culture is stressful, so we let you deal with all those things while we handle everything to do with relocating your belongings. Nobel Relocation will come and pack, load, transfer, deliver and make sure all documents are in order and ready. Nobel Relocation believe in communication and as such will always keep in contact with you and update you at every step of the relocation process.
Nobel Relocation will deal with all the paperwork that Peru will require. Our professional packing crew are trained to the highest degree to ensure they pack your belongings with care and professionalism. We only use the best packing teams and materials to make sure that your belongings will be delivered safely and on time to your Peruvian door.
Nobel Relocation have only your best interest at heart accompanied by years of successful experience and the most professional and honest staff. Nobel Relocation, a company you can be sure to trust when moving to Peru.
Specific Customs Information
Moving Household Goods
- The passport must contain all entry and departure stamps to Peru in last 13 months, with a maximum stay of 30 calendar days within this length of time (returning citizens).
- Consignee and family members must be in the country to initiate the customs process.
- The packing list must contain brand name and serial numbers for electrical items.
- The items must be used household goods and personal effects.
- Household goods shipment must not contain items marked “packed by owner” (PBO).
- Household goods previously exported from Peru may be imported duty free (returning citizens).
- Returning citizens may import household goods and a vehicle duty free if becomes elegible by SUNAT under the “Ley de Incersion Economica” for those returning, leaving abroad for over 4 years consecutively.
- A personal qualification by SUNAT is required, which takes 45 calendar days approximately in order to issue a certification under the name of the returning citizen.
- Need to check on formalities and restirctions under the law, on this qualification by SUNAT.
- The shipment must arrive in Peru no earlier than 1 month before the ownerof the goods’ first entry into Peru and no later than 4 months after the owner of the goods’ last entry into Peru.
- Diplomatic shipments are exempt from a physical inspection by Customs.
- Peruvian diplomat does not have this exemption.
- A phytosanitary inspection will be done at the port / airport of entry in Peru.
- If packing is not marked per NIMF Nº 15, entry will be denied.
- If packing is properly labelled, but evidence of live plagues is found, Customs may deny entry, require quarantine, order treatment, return them to the origin country, or destroy them.
- OBL / AWB (2 copies each document, if applicable)
- Original purchase invoice
- Certificate of title
- Inspection certificates (gas and technical verification by an authorized engineer)
- DUA signed by the owner of the goods
- Tax ID number (RUC)
- Diplomatic import permit / diplomatic franchise from Peruvian Ministry of Foreign Ministry Affairs (foreign diplomats, returning diplomats)
- A vehicle cannot be imported if it has driven more than 80,000 km.
- Only used vehicles and motorcycles less than 5 years old can be imported.
- For Peruvian diplomatic this restriction does not apply.
- Vehicles (all with not exemption) will be subject to physical inspection by Customs Authorities.
- The OBL should show the model, year, engine number, and vehicle identification number (VIN) of the automobile.
- Taxes, duties, and fees for vehicles apply as follows: (if applicable)
- New vehicle: 9% ad valoren + 19% Sales Peruvian Taxes + 10% of CIF value
- Used vehicle: 9% ad valorem + 30% “Selectivo” + 18% Sales Taxes + 10% of CIF value
- Perception tax: 10% for new and used vehicles
- Contact the destination agent in Peru for specific details regarding the import of diesel vehicles.
- The destination agent must provide the make, model, year, chassis number, motor number, engine capacity, mileage, and general description of the vehicle prior to import.
- One car is allowed duty-free import if the value does not exceed the amount authorized by the Peruvian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and its engine does not exceed 2,000 cc.
- A diplomatic franchise may be granted to the following persons:
- Foreign representatives of international organizations.
- Members of foreign armed forces working on official missions.
- Diplomats, Embassy officers, and returning diplomats who have completed a diplomatic organization abroad.
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health certificate
- Sanitary certificate
- It is recommended to bring pets into Peru as accompanied baggage; otherwise, import duties will be assessed.
- There is no quarantine for cats or dogs entering Peru.
- Firearms and ammunitions (proof of ownership and special permission from the Ministry of Interior is required prior to shipment arrival)
- Food items (must not exceed 10% of total net weight in air shipments)
- Telecommunication equipment such as radios, fax machines, telephones, etc. (an original invoice of each item is required and only one of each item type is permitted; additional items require authorization)
- Refrigeration devices (refrigerators / freezers / air conditioners):
- An original manufacturer’s certificate must be issued and signed on the manufacturer’s letterhead stating that coolant is required for use.
- The technical specification manual for each item is required; if unavailable, photographs of the 4 sides of the appliance must be submitted, specifically, the label that displays the specifications and type of gas utilized.
- Import permission must be requested from the OTO-Peru office.
- The cost for this request is 75.00 USD.
- Approved permission must be provided prior to shipment arrival.
- Items are subject to confiscation if requirements are not met.
- Drugs and narcotics
- Pornographic materials
- Automatic firearms