The process of relocating can be a stressful one with major changes in your life and that of your family.
When moving, you can choose to pack your boxes by yourself or let the moving company do it.
Nobel Relocation can assist with your packing service when moving locally, or moving long-distance to another state. Our packers are also trained to pack for international moves with the knowledge of feeling up the inventory list for it.
Here are some suggestions if deciding to do your own packing:
Label each box with your name and job reference number. Use sturdy boxes, preferably those provided by your mover. When packing breakables, leave a 2-4 inch layer of crumpled paper at the bottom, sides, and top of the box. When packing a box, place heavier items on the bottom, and less heavy and lightest on top.
CHINA AND GLASSWARE:
- Use china boxes and unprinted newspapers.
- Plates and saucers: Wrap each piece separately in the unprinted newspaper. Place them in the box standing on the edge in the box.
- Bowls: wrap individually, stack 4-2 together, wrap all again and place them standing on the edge of the box.
- Cups and Glassware: Wrap cup handles in the paper, then wrap the entire cup. Place them in a box with all handles pointing in the same direction. Wrap everyday glasses individually.
- Stemware: Use white packing paper. Use china or liquor box with dividers. Wrap each glass individually, and stand on the rim in the box.
- Books: pack books standing on the bottom edge in book boxes.
- Clothing: Wardrobe boxes can be used for handling clothing. Other clothing, blankets, and linens can be folded and packed in linen boxes. We recommend emptying all dressers and chests as the added weight can make them difficult to move and susceptible to damage.
- Pots and Pans: Use china boxes; stack them together with a few pieces of paper in between them. Fill all empty spaces with newspaper.
- Lamps and Lampshades: Remove shades and bulbs. Wrap lamps in layers of paper and place them in a box on the base. Wrap lampshades lightly in the paper, nest one inside the other, and pack in a separate box.
- Electronic Equipment: Wrap these items heavily in bubble wrap and place them in the box (ideally in the original boxes). Place bubble wrap at the bottom and sides to prevent movement.
- Paintings, Mirrors, and Glass: Use picture boxes and bubble wrap. Valuable pieces may need to be professionally created by us.
HELPING YOU ESTIMATE HOW MANY BOXES YOU NEED!
MOVE SIZE APPROX.
- Studio Apartment – 10-20 Boxes
- 1 Bedroom Apartment – 20-35 Boxes
- 2 Bedroom Apartment – 25-40 Boxes
- 2 Bedroom House – 25-50 Boxes
- 3 Bedroom House – 55-70 Boxes
- 4 Bedroom House – 75-90 Boxes
- Larger – 95 +
** This is only the estimated number of boxes
Nobel relocation offers a free box delivery to your doorstep
(with a minimum order of $95.00)
Our goal is to be the most customer-focused company in the moving industry.
We pledge to “be the customer” by striving to understand your expectations and meeting them consistently.”